This is a special place and time to be alive. 13 things to be glad for in no particular order:
- Food: fresh, ample, affordable and tools to cook it with.
- Heat: indoors and a roof that doesn’t leak nor a floor that washes away.
- Restaurants and this take on them: you don’t go to them for food any more than you go to them for electric lights. You have both at home. You go for a place to spend time.
- Books: the easy pleasures and even those that break my brain as I try to ram into them headfirst.
- Positive communities: People gathering are common miracles because sharing gratitude despite currents takes and gives courage.
- Wool: sweaters, hat, mittens
- Email: Ability to reach people regardless of hour or distance or schedules.
- Hubby: Hanging out together is one of life’s big and little pleasures. More than a resource, he’s a source of inspiration himself.
- Literacy: Thoughts go in order with the ability to pick up where I left off and rearrange ideas mechanically, and I can access 1500s or the century of an amazing woman, Charlotte Perriand.
- Flickr: I can see within minutes what someone’s dooryard looks like in Netherlands, Portugal or China, magnolias in Sheffield, astonishingly skillful constantly coming art.
- Internet access: that from home I can find something as detailed as a 28 page interview of a history of modernism in Japan
- Squirrels: crazy acrobats of middle space flying stomach first at the window to hop onto the bricks. They walk over 3 storey houses as well as flat ground.
Beauty: Red-wing blackbirds singing their little hearts out.
Quote: “The smallest good deed is better than the grandest intention.” ~ Jacques- Joseph Duguet (1649-1733)