I didn’t end up doing a Thanksgiving list, but here’s a host of simple pleasures that I appreciate:
- Indoor heat after a bracing walk in the ear-nipping cold.
- Indoor heat in the afternoon slump.
- Hot lathery showers in the morning grump.
- To move slightly off topic, blankets and hot soup.
- And yardwork with a wheelbarrow and shovel with time for being a happy Doozer.
- Also sweaters and slippers and hats. Especially hats. Hats for everyone big or small.
- And scarves that know how to be scarves not the ones that slip off and cause backtracking to find them again.
- Income that allows payment for warm fuzzy conveniences like home internet connection and food.
- Getting the chapbooks back from the printers in good time for the next stage of binding and burning.
- What? Did I lose you? The burn of books is well underway. *Cough* Think I’ll do the rest outdoors.
Burn? This kind of burn. If that’s not clear, try here.
- The happy prospect of seeing various friends and family at intervals over the next month; Warm greetings of too-long-time-no-sees that find me as amicably as the 2pm sun coming in on my back.
- Art Collaborations:
[Other 13 Thursday Players]
Quote: “There are two ways of attaining an important end, force and perseverance; the silent power of the latter grows irresistible with time.” ~ Anne Sophie Swetchine