The purpose of the 13 Thursday meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday.
- Vispo meets the Paris Review
- Gary’s Imaginary Dinner Party: I’d invite the three of them when they were old women, full of power, memories, and wisdom. And, I think, sense of occasion and a kind of deep and complex joy.
Could I invite a car? Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. For the kids. Really. And a unicorn.
- Bhagavad Gita and U.S. Congress meet “Your right is to action alone;/Never to its fruits at any time.”
- The class with 36,000 students
- The lessons of Napster and Udacity: may the best person teach
- Places for Writers list a call from Niagara for deranged chapbooks. Befuzzles the mind what would qualify.
- Found in Naomi Beth Wakan’s text, lodged in my photocopier: Eli, my husband gave Eli’s gifts to me. don’t. likely to offer a paper flowering branch of lichen fallen from a log. exquisite. watched the actress audrey. had wish I should ed out loud, book sleep, mention this, tells of ch–
- Shauna on accepting change: who passes along Jessica Valenti’s: “we don’t need everyone to like us, we need a few people to love us.”
- Why we don’t live in extended family longhouses? “The larger kinship groupings (clan, sippe, kindred) that had played an important role in Anglo-Saxon England and early medieval France and Germany had lost their powers of protection and supervision, along with the need for such powers. Their functions had been taken over by the new police and judicial agencies.” ~ Frances and Joseph Gies, p.106-107, Life in a Medieval Village
- Half done is started. 90% done is with half remaining to do. And I’m not going to make it
- My brain, or is that body, is full of lead weights today. There’s no way I–
Quote: “A pessimist is one who, when he has the choice of two evils, chooses both.” ~ Oscar Wilde