It’s Thursday. Also it’s 13 Thursday where there’s an excuse to share some tidbits.
- If you don’t re-start somewhere, you don’t restart.
- I’m reading with Carolyn Smart tonight at the edge of Chinatown.
- That’s the A B series at the cutest little lit cafe, Raw Sugar.
- Psst, a secret: Once I learn my audience and venue, the first thing I decide about what I’ll do for a reading is clothes. Only after that, the poems.
- I’m thinking I’ll test drive some surrealist poems
- An interview with the surrealism of Jason Heroux. (I’m getting a third book by him in the mail.)
- A website all about chocolate: The chocolate life is a hub of all thing on the cocoa.
- How to make cream puffs. I haven’t made any since around 1992, which was also my own attempt. Tip. Don’t do a roast at the same time unless you want the pastry for savories.
- Poetry is Dead Magazine is already entering its third year. Time flies.
- Tips: Wear black or grey to a funeral unless requested otherwise. Don’t wear white to a wedding unless you’re the bride. I hadn’t heard of the second. Thanks re: clothing tact
- What do you wear for a launch at Venus Envy? It doesn’t matter what you wear…
There was a good warm crowd of around 3 dozen last night at Voices of Venus. And great poetry if I do say so myself.
Quote: “Life is too important to be taken seriously.” ~ Oscar Wilde