Go, in the digital sense, (because who has the time, energy or cash elsewise?) And since my brain is configured in a way that I can’t extricate myself from turning my wordpress editor back from tiny font courier new, (sigh) I’ll do more link outwards than type the Thursday 13 and go defrazzle with a bath:
- Around here, yesterday held a spring flower walk
- and somehow I thought ahead, twice, and set up two Wordless Wednesday posts without noticing. Aye me. 1st was this: the light photo post
- Over at Eaten Up there’s Breadsticks that are becoming a regular part of the menu around here.
- and pumpkin muffins that were a definite success and a repeat item
- the apple-onion tart tasted better than it photographed.
- Over at pesbo, there are cheery photos from the Tree Press Chapbook Award announcement
- and some ruminations on the process of writing life
- and a round up of poetry links seen lately. (Soon I’ll post my next batch of what I’ve been reading for 95books read in a year list.)
- Over at 40-Word Years –which got a focal article about it recently – I’ve written about A.B. and that diligently averted attention from senior incontinence.
- Over at the weekly portraits of hubby spot, Looking on the Bri Side I’ve got a few new cute shot of Brian
- Apart from that backlist, I recently had the pleasure of discovering for myself Rusty Ring which rotates around posts of Zen Buddhism
- Ottawa blog library has a great post highlighting a portion of what rob mclennan does in the scope of rob mclennnan’s literary blog, the required reading for CanLit.
- Something to mention. Ottawa poets who tweet poems may win library swag for April’s poetry month. Info here.
Hope your week is buzzing along soundly.
Noteable Quoteable: “You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don’t try to forget the mistakes, but you don’t dwell on it. You don’t let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.” ~ Johnny Cash
Wordless Wednesday, except for the, ahem, word bits.
Notable Quoteable: “Lighthouses don’t go running all over an island looking for boats to save; they just stand there shining.” ― Anne Lamott
Days on the Claise have a post about the plant.
Almost Wordless Wednesday.
Noteable Quotable: “The same fence that shuts others out shuts you in.” ~ William Taylor Copeland
See more of Our World #84.
Noteable Quoteable: “The joy of life consists in the exercise of one’s energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal.” ~ Aleister Crowley